History and Overview
The Faculty of Sciences and Technologies (FST) of Fez was founded in 1995. It is part of a national network of FSTs consisting of 6 other similar institutions located in Beni Mellal, Errachidia, Marrakech, Mohammedia , Tangier and Settat . The faculties of Sciences and Technologies are academic institutions with scientific and technical aspects; They were created in order to expand and diversify the training and studies offered to high school graduates with scientific background in an attempt to facilitate and improve the integration of the University in its socio-economic environment.
FST Fez has eight departments whose aim is to provide a wide range of technical and engineering trainings.
– Department of Life Sciences
– Department of Chemistry
– Department of Earth Sciences.
– Department of Mathematics
– Department of Computer Science.
– Department of Electrical Engineering
– Department of Mechanical Engineering .
– Department of Industrial Engineering .
FST Fez: Facts and Figures
Area and equipment:
• FST Fez is spread over an area of 45,000 m2 including 31,000 m2 of green space
• It includes:
o 6 Auditoria
o 31 classrooms
o 31 classrooms for practical work
o 7 computer labs
o 29 Administrative Offices
o 39 offices for professors
o 1 Room for Videoconferencing
o 8 Departments (8 meeting rooms, 10 labs and 8 offices)
o 2 Meeting rooms
o 1 Unit of TEC
o 2 Cafeterias
o 1 Gym
o 8 Restrooms
o 4 Technical rooms
o 2 Stores
o 4 Reserves
o 1 Prayer Room
o Centre (villa),
Students and staff:
• Each year the FST Fez manages more than 2,000 students.
• Supported by a teaching staff of more than 173 professors and instructors.
• And by administrative and technical team composed of 57 employees.
- The organization of studies:
Within the context of the Moroccan educational reform, FST Fez adopted the course of studies Licence/ Master /Doctorate or what is referred to as the LMD system. This system trains students to obtain the following degrees:
• LST: Bachelor (Licence) of Science and Technology
• MST: Master of Science and Technology
• Doctorate (PhD) in Science and Technology
In addition to these degrees, FST Fez is also authorized to issue:
• DUT: University Degree of Technology (Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie)
• Degree in Engineering (Diplôme d’Ingénieur d’Etat)